Sunday 13 April 2014

Super Sexy Troll Janissa

Finished Janissa!

A few great things about painting her, then a few massive disasters.

So to start with the good:

  1. I found a great guide on painting trolls,      
    http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/09/showcase-painting-award-winning-hunters.html#disqus_thread
  2. I also started using a paint retarder for my mixes rather than a wet pallet. I found that with the wet pallet while it did keep my mixes moist for a few days, it watered them down and when I applied that paint to my mini it still dried quite quickly leaving a distinct line when I was two brush blending. The retarder doesn't keep my mixes wet for as long but it also doesn't dilute it as much as the wet pallet does and I can still add water to dilute the colour more if I wish. Also when applied to he mini the paint stays wet for much longer allowing me to push it around and get exactly the effect I want.
  3. Minor conversion - Troll Hair!
And the bad:

  1. I accidentally thumb glued most of the mini when I had finished painting her.
  2. The pain keeps rolling, on trying to remove said thumb glue I managed to stick a tissue to her.
  3. On trying to remove said tissue I broke her right ankle, snapped it clean off.
  4. Now all those smooth blends look gluggy (at-least to me).


Janissa Stonetide - Trollbloods Solo - 3pts

No comments:

Post a Comment